Welcome to the New South Wales Sheepdog Workers Incorporate Website
Community Sporting Activities.
Easing of restrictions from 1 July 2020
Community sporting activities, including training sessions, may recommence.
- Where the activities involve more than 20 participants, the organiser must have and register a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials, and spectators.
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting activity must not exceed 500 participants.
Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Register as a COVID Safe business or Sporting group.
Show that you’re COVID Safe by putting up appropriate signage.
Any trial committee wishing to hold a trial in NSW or a training day with more than 20 attendees must adhere to the following rules and restrictions and need to register as a safe business (sporting group).
After discussions with NSW Health , each trial committee will require to register their own COVID SAFETY PLAN and will need to have the following details,
- Keep a record of name and a mobile number or email address for all staff, volunteers, visitors, and contractors where practical, for a period of at least 28 days. Ensure records are used only for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and securely.
- Need to encourage all to people to download the COVID SAFE AP to their mobile phone.
- People that have self-contained caravans are asked to use their own facilities.
- Public toilets and showers must have hand sanitiser available for the duration of the event, the showers need to be disinfected after each use with a approved cleaning & or disinfecting solution ( the committee can provide a mop and bucket and a spray bottle for the person showering to use after they have used the facilities). This will require easy to read signage with directions and protocol for use. They also suggested it there was a bank showers to close every second one or limit to one person at a time to be using the facilities at any one time for smaller facilities.
- Ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels or hand dryers. Consider providing visual aids above hand wash basins to support effective hand washing.
- Everyone must adhere to the 1 person per 4mt square rule
- The 4 square metre rule helps to determine the maximum number of people who can be on a premises. It does not determine the distance between people.
- Physical distancing means reducing the close physical contact we have with one another and staying 1.5 metres away from people we do not live with.
- Hand sanitiser must be available at the gate where competitors enter the arena and must be used before entering/opening the gate.
- Hand sanitiser must be available at the let-out yards. Any new helpers must use sanitiser before commencing duties and used again before leaving the let-out area.
- Ensure any spectators comply with 1.5 metres physical distance where practical, such as through staggered seating. People who live in the same household are not required to distance.
The following link is for some of the posters you may wish to print for use at your dog trial.
The objects for which the Incorporate is established are:
- To promote among the sheep breeders of the Commonwealth and the general public, a wide interest in working sheepdog and his work.
- To faster, promote and maintain the purity and improve the breeds of the working sheep dog.
- To collect, verify and publish information relating to the working sheepdog.
- To establish and maintain a panel of judges for working sheepdog and sheepdog trials.
- To establish a register for working sheepdogs
- To adopt standards for working sheepdog trials.
- To take such steps for the purpose of procuring contributions to the funds of the Incorporate in the shape of donations, annual subscriptions or otherwise, as may from time to time be deemed expedient.
- To hold periodical sheepdog trials and field trials, etc. wherever considered advisable.
- To establish relations and encourage exchanges with other Societies having similar objects throughout the world.
- To promote IN EVERY WAY MENTIONED HEREIN the interest of breeders and owners of working sheepdogs.
View All Events
NSW Sheepdog Workers offer a range of official merchandise, including shirts, caps, vests and jackets. View photos and access the order form online.